„One, the people in charge wanting to give up control. This tends to eliminate some 80 percent of businesspeople. Two, a profound belief that humankind will work toward its best version, given freedom; that would eliminate the other 20 percent.“

— Ricardo Semler, Strategy+business: "Ricardo Semler Won't Take Control" https://www.strategy-business.com/article/05408?gko=3291c (29 November 2005)

Publicidade

Citações relacionadas

Miles Davis photo
Morihei Ueshiba photo

„In a real battle, atemi is seventy percent, technique is thirty percent.“

— Morihei Ueshiba founder of aikido 1883 - 1969
As quoted in Total Aikido (1997) by Gōzō Shioda, p. 24

Publicidade
Jimmy Carter photo
Pablo Picasso photo

„Art is the elimination of the unnecessary.“

— Pablo Picasso Spanish painter, sculptor, printmaker, ceramicist, and stage designer 1881 - 1973

Richard Ford photo
Stephen Hawking photo
Arthur Conan Doyle photo
Publicidade
Arthur Conan Doyle photo
Peter Singer photo
Jack Welch photo
Hazrat Inayat Khan photo
Publicidade
Rosa Parks photo
Lana Del Rey photo
Dr. Seuss photo
Nikola Tesla photo

„What we now want is closer contact and better understanding between individuals and communities all over the earth, and the elimination of egoism and pride which is always prone to plunge the world into primeval barbarism and strife... Peace can only come as a natural consequence of universal enlightenment...“

— Nikola Tesla Serbian American inventor 1856 - 1943
Context: While I have not lost faith in its potentialities, my views have changed since. War can not be avoided until the physical cause for its recurrence is removed and this, in the last analysis, is the vast extent of the planet on which we live. Only though annihilation of distance in every respect, as the conveyance of intelligence, transport of passengers and supplies and transmission of energy will conditions be brought about some day, insuring permanency of friendly relations. What we now want most is closer contact and better understanding between individuals and communities all over the earth and the elimination of that fanatic devotion to exalted ideals of national egoism and pride, which is always prone to plunge the world into primeval barbarism and strife. No league or parliamentary act of any kind will ever prevent such a calamity. These are only new devices for putting the weak at the mercy of the strong.

Próximo